Protecting Your Interests in Legal Issues Involving Mobile and Manufactured Homes
Mobile homes – also known as manufactured homes – provide an opportunity for individuals to own a home in unique communities. Advantages abound not only for residents, but also developers and owners of a potentially profitable mobile home park.
However, they need the guidance of an experienced mobile home and manufactured housing law attorney who can educate them on specific regulations and guide them through the process of ownership and development. That is the level of service our mobile home law attorneys provide at Loftin | Bedell, P.C. Our office is located in San Diego County. Our firm is one of the few that has expertise in the establishment and governance of mobile home, manufactured housing and recreational vehicle parks and communities.
Facilitating transactions and resolving disputes are paramount to our mobile home law practice. Contact our Carlsbad, California, office using our online form or by calling us at 866-933-2340 or 760-814-9649.
Code from the live site
Experienced Mobile Home Law Attorneys at Your Side
At Loftin | Bedell, P.C., we help clients in our practice of mobile home law including:
- Purchasers and sellers of mobile home parks
- Homeowners associations looking to establish or enforce park compliance
- Developers interested in building a mobile home park
- Cities interested in developing low-income housing or addressing their mobile home park needs
- Park conversions to resident ownership, including handling subdivisions, condominium overlays, cooperatives, limited equity housing cooperatives and nonprofit associations
- Compliance issues, including occupancy leases, enforcement matters, establishment and collection of assessments and corporate governance for active owners
- Resident groups, park owners and cities/counties in the acquisition and conversion of their parks
- Developers and residents in obtaining low-income funding through the California Housing and Community Developments’ Mobile Home Park Resident Ownership Program (MPROP) and other governmental agencies
- Actively representing individuals or groups facing pass-throughs or base rent increases in rent-controlled parks
- Legislative action, including implementation or modification of statutes by drafting bills, negotiating language in new laws and participating in the legislative process at the municipal and state level
Employing Creative Strategies to Resolve Your Mobile Home Law Issue
During the initial planning stage, we help our city, county and other governmental agency clients draft ordinances and offer advice on an array of other mobile home park issues. Residents need advocacy to resolve disputes with neighbors or the mobile home park owners. Park owners need a balanced view to assess their issues. Being strategic and creative means that we will strive for the best resolution while keeping focused on your best interests.
Tenants Should Not Tolerate Unlivable Conditions
At Loftin | Bedell, P.C., we also represent mobile home park tenants whose landlords are neglecting their duties. Shutting off utilities without reason makes your home unlivable. Failure to maintain the common areas and amenities makes your living environment potentially dangerous. Ignoring complaints about tenants disrupting their neighbors with illegal activity or loud noises can affect anyone’s peace of mind. You need an advocate on your side if your landlord is violating your lease or trying to force you to move.
Mobile/Manufactured Home Resources
- California Department of Housing and Community Development – Manufactured and Mobilehome page – HCD Manufactured and Mobile Homes (ca.gov)
- Mobilehome Residency Law – Mobilehome Residency Law | Senate Select Committee on Manufactured Home Communities (ca.gov)
- Mobilehome Residency Law Protection Program: HCD Mobilehome Residency Law Protection Program (ca.gov)
- Modifying a Mobile/Manufactured Home – HCD Modify a Mobile Home (ca.gov)
For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced lawyer regarding a legal issue related to a manufactured home park, please contact us using the form below.